Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: how set font size in thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by speartip View Post
    You need to go to Thunderbird's Menu (The 3 lines) - Preferences - Preferences - Composition. Under the "General" Tab you will see the Font Box, which is probably set to "Variable Width". Next to that You'll see "Size". This allows you to set the Font Size from Tiny to Huge. That Setting should stick.
    i can get to that. when i make changes, nothing changes size.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by uRock View Post
    It should be seen here.
    OK, i got there under Preferences > Preferences.

it started with "16" highlighted and some extremely small text in the composition window. i selected "18" and it got much larger. went back to "16" and it got a bit smaller but still way larger than it started. went back to "18". the section where i read incoming mail is not changing size by that. ctrl+mouseroller does change size but it doesn't stay. in other apps ctrl+mouseroller size changes do stay. so i wonder how that widget is trying to save the size or if it even tries. i have never developed a GUI app, so i have no idea.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Skaperen View Post
    i'm not seeing any tabs.
    there's a 2nd step, selecting "Preferences" again, to get there. on it, now.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by speartip View Post
    Have you tried my suggestion in post 5?
    just did. been busy for a couple days. but it revealed that 2 step Preferences > Preferences path.

i wonder how much of this stuff i can design in my own GUI apps when i get to that point. i tend to see a lot of crazy ways things are done in many GUI apps and wonder if that is just the way those widgets work. i'll be coding mostly in Python, so i'll have to deal with yet another layer of stuff.

Beans
    Distro

different posts have tried to send me to 3 different places. Preferences>Preferences>General doesn't have any size change widget, but the other 2 do. still not getting anything but ctrl+mouseroller to change the size in the reading view. and any changes by ctrl+mouseroller don't stick (maybe they shouldn't as it would be nice to have a temporary change).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by Skaperen View Post
    different posts have tried to send me to 3 different places. Preferences>Preferences>General doesn't have any size change widget, but the other 2 do. still not getting anything but ctrl+mouseroller to change the size in the reading view. and any changes by ctrl+mouseroller don't stick (maybe they shouldn't as it would be nice to have a temporary change).
    Well, it is hard to help since you don't indicate what changes you made and where.

Maybe this will help. https://www.ghacks.net/2013/01/18/ho...n-thunderbird/

Beans
    Distro

i think part of the problem is that they keep changing the layout and i can't find where things are when trying to follow instructions exactly. but while "menu surfing" i did get a pop-up window with a "Display" tab. eventually i found that the 2nd "Preferences" selection got me to that window. the 1st "Preferences" choice got the 2nd "Preferences" choice, but the menus were overlapping and collapsing. i figured out how to move the mouse to keep them up and now i can reproduce getting there. now i'm working to figure out what changes what and which are permanent and which are temporary. and in the mean time, email i send to my family have giant letters when my intent is to just see what i am typing and receiving.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12