Thread: Kdenliveissues

Beans

Kdenliveissues

Hi,

I installed kdenlive in both ubuntu and windows 10, in the windows version which I'd imagine is the same as linux, I have a weird issue, I wanted to use the rotate feature since my phone which was rotated during filming, has left the video such that when you watch it, the video clip is off by 90 degrees at some point in the video. I have cut the first part of the video which is horizontal as it should be to show a fish in an aquarium, however, in the second clip when i use the rotate feature, rather than seeing the video as a full screen, it shrinks it down to like half the size of the screen - as you can see the black bars around it. I eventually found a zoom feature however it only zooms the video within the confirms of the black bars. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I tried joining their forum however it just keeps on saying the username is invalid, it doesn't say why...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Kdenliveissues

Moved to Windows support subforums, since you're using it in Windows and there are likely to be differences.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

ell after a lot of searching through the settings, I still dot know, do any of you do video editing and can you reccomend a program either for windows or linux?

I still cant recordin audacity, which was a problem only after installing kdenlive in linux, is there a setting for selecting audio source I might be missing?

Beans

I found the solution, maybe, however I cant actually locate the settings in kdenlive to implement??

https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?t=142508

This post I cant find the options for?

"Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:31 pm I had the same issue with zoomed square images inside a 16:9 aspect ratio project.
    After a lot of tinkering I realized this bug(?) only happens when the Timeline composition quality is set to "None" or "Preview", in "High Quality" mode the monitor works as expected and the rendered video is just fine.
    "

edit: I found the feature, still no luck though. or unless I am not applying it properly?
    Last edited by iamtheeggman2; November 17th, 2019 at 08:00 PM.

Beans

ok well I tried the other forum and sadly it is a ghost town! Surprised people can develop a software presumably complicated yet there are no official forums with people discussing it? Can anyone please advise if they are using software to do video editing with a forum with advice when needed? Thanks in advance.

Beans

Hi,

I dont know if this is breaking any forum rules but I have found in the linux edition of kdenlive I can successfully use the feature for rotation of the video, however, I want to make a video clip of several video clips and unlike in windows when I go to add the videos to the project bin, kdenlive just crashes? This is the same computer as windows uses so wouldn't have thought it was a lack of resources?

I noticed when I added 3 short videos at a time I could add 6 but then it was using up 2.9gb according to the task manager, How is this possible when the actual collective video size is are 285mb??
    Last edited by iamtheeggman2; November 23rd, 2019 at 10:36 AM.

Beans

Well I finally found a good programme called Openshot, it renders the video clips fine.