Thread: Ubuntu Gampack 16.04 does not seem to recognize that I am connected - Firefox, other

Beans

Ubuntu Gampack 16.04 does not seem to recognize that I am connected - Firefox, other

I recently installed Gamepack 16.04 on a Dell Latitude 3580. The computer tells me I am connected when I plug in an ethernet cable, it also allows me to select a wireless network and enter passwords, and tells me I am connected. However, when I open Firefox and try to search I get "Hmm. We're having trouble finding that site." This is true for all sites. Similarly, any apps that look for updates or downloads cannot recognize that I am connected and tell me no connection is available.

Other devices have no problem connecting to our wireless.

My computer cannot connect via ethernet or wireless, even though it shows connected icons on my screen.

I am very new to Ubuntu/Linux and can't really solve anything on my own unless I have the exact script to enter into terminal.

Thank for any suggestions and advice.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu Gampack 16.04 does not seem to recognize that I am connected - Firefox, ot

If you're talking about UA Linux (https://ualinux.com/en/ubuntu-gamepack) then it's neither Ubuntu, nor an official flavor of Ubuntu. Ubuntu flavors can be found by going to https://ubuntu.com/download/flavours

If you want to get started on Ubuntu, or official flavors of Ubuntu - I'd suggest starting with a real flavor of Ubuntu instead of a distribution based on Ubuntu.

I have no experience with UALinux, so I don't know how different it is, but please be aware you're not using Ubuntu, nor a 'flavor' of Ubuntu (and if it's what I'm suggesting, it's UA Linux with the "Ubuntu Gamepack" added).
    Last edited by guiverc; November 14th, 2019 at 11:05 AM. Reason: s/The/Ubuntu flavors/ (clarify)

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Gampack 16.04 does not seem to recognize that I am connected - Firefox, ot

Thread moved to the "Ubuntu/Debian BASED" forum.

Beans

Thank you for the clarification