Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20.04 - Best Ubuntu Ever?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: 20.04 - Best Ubuntu Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    pffft, everyone knows 10.04 was the best one.

anyway, i hope there will be a smooth transition this time. before i could not do the system upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04 due to unresolved bug. so i did backup&reinstall of 18.04.
    agreed
    i try to stick with the LTS version, but sometimes i upgrade to the non-lts that is right before the next LTS
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by guiverc View Post
    @Frogs Hair I loved 11.04, and after upgrading to 11.10 rolled back to my 11.04. (I did so like gnome 2.34|36 or whatever it was on 11.04 using gnome-classic) I may be in the minority, but I loved 11.04

My primary box is 20.04 (development) and as such the changes are gradual and are easily forgotten.

Yes I noticed the big change when LXDE was replaced by LXQt (for Lubuntu 18.10, with LXQt & LXDE being new options at login), and loved some of the changes Xubuntu made in the 17.10 & 18.04 cycles (esp. audio panel items) but most changes I don't really recall. I login & look now and again at gnome, mate... (my bloated desktop has many desktops installed) but as GNOME Shell's not my cup-of-tea after using it a day I happily move on to something different the next day.
    I was referring to the first incarnation of Unity available with 11.04 which was rough. I stuck with it to see it evolve though.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    I was referring to the first incarnation of Unity available with 11.04 which was rough. I stuck with it to see it evolve though.
    As controversial as Unity was, I could see the benefit of the interface design. I, for one, liked Unity, but was glad to see it turn back into Gnome.

I think once Gnome 3 was released, Canonical realized it's potential, and carried their design over to that environment. I call that a Win-Win.
    Holy Cripes on Toast!
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - ticopelp

Beans

The last LTS before systemd came along would be "best" for most of the Linux bloggers I read.

Learning American Sign Language - just for fun.

Beans
    Hidden!

Cool Re: 20.04 - Best Ubuntu Ever?

I am looking forward to install 20.04. Been a Ubuntu fan since Ubuntu 7.04. Ubuntu has came along ways.
    Now I am on 19.10 Gnome undecided at the present moment. Installed synaptic package manager to change a few things.

Beans

I was basically forced to migrate away from Linux Mint 19.2 because recent versions of things completely screwed up my wireless connectivity on my MacBook Pro 8,1. I've never been a fan of Gnome 3, but I have to say that thus far, my experiences with Ubuntu 19.10 have been most outstanding. It will be interesting to see what is in 20.04, but right now I kind of don't really want to have to disrupt my only computer and production system again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'm using Ubuntu Focal as well. I have both Panel & Dock set to full transparency and love the look. The Gnome Tweaks works wonders.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

If installing ZFS now -- will it be upgradeable when future versions of ZFS drop?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Wow.

All of you people pining for 10.04 etc do realize how much your comments date you?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
    If installing ZFS now -- will it be upgradeable when future versions of ZFS drop?
    The strict answer is no.

However the devs are going to prefer to avoid making breaking changes if they can, or at least to provide a migration tool, and other users have reported going through previous version changes of ZFS without any problems.

YMMV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12