Thread: how to set wifi password in ubuntu-19.10-preinstalled-server-arm64+raspi3.img.xz

Beans

how to set wifi password in ubuntu-19.10-preinstalled-server-arm64+raspi3.img.xz

I installed ubuntu-19.10-preinstalled-server-arm64+raspi3.img.xz on an SD card, and got my Raspberry Pi 4 to boot.
    However, the next instructions in https://ubuntu.com/download/iot/raspberry-pi say to run apt-get. Apt-get requires a network.

So, where do I add my wifi passwords? I tried putting the NetworkManager directory on a USB stick, but the Pi won't mount it.

Beans

Re: how to set wifi password in ubuntu-19.10-preinstalled-server-arm64+raspi3.img.xz

Moved to Networking & Wireless.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: how to set wifi password in ubuntu-19.10-preinstalled-server-arm64+raspi3.img.xz

Quote Originally Posted by chelmite2 View Post
    I installed ubuntu-19.10-preinstalled-server-arm64+raspi3.img.xz on an SD card, and got my Raspberry Pi 4 to boot.
    However, the next instructions in https://ubuntu.com/download/iot/raspberry-pi say to run apt-get. Apt-get requires a network.

So, where do I add my wifi passwords? I tried putting the NetworkManager directory on a USB stick, but the Pi won't mount it.
    You put the details in netplan. You can find a template for wireless here:

Code:
    cat  /usr/share/doc/netplan/examples/wireless.yaml
    Follow any changes to the /etc/netplan/*.yaml file with:

Code:
    sudo netplan generate
    sudo netplan apply
    If you need step-by-step guidance, please post back.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.