Thread: Ubuntu is fantastic work

Beans

Ubuntu is fantastic work

I just wanted to take a little time to write ubuntu and tell you how much I love your operating system. I had hell getting the nvidia drivers to work with a second monitor but after that I have had nothing but bliss with the platform. The community was fantastic in helping me to get that worked out.

I also upgraded from 19.04 to 19.10 with no issues at all. I started my career working at Microsoft on the C++ compiler so I was on that side initially in my career. I was a Microsoft developer. After using Ubuntu on my development laptop I am so excited about what you guys are doing. It is for a sure a step forward for everyone that wants a great platform.

Thanks!!!
    Allan Edwards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Re: Ubuntu is fantastic work

Well, if you do any development work, you'll quickly find the superiority of Linux as a platform!

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Not support
    Thread moved to Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Welcome to the forums and to the other side, Allan. If you have any time to kill, you can find plenty of ways to kill said time in the open source community.

We like people who can write and debug compilers here

I think maybe the most amazing thing about the distros is the way they address the scale of the library dependency issues... Yes things sometimes break and bugs do reappear, but sometimes I just wonder at the sheer audacity of making such a complex dependency tree function at all-- and then automating all the tools such that you can reliably version and release the beastie every six months and keep the show on the road...

It just wouldn't be possible at all without the internet, without open source licensing, without the contributions of hundreds of developers and end users over the years...
    Last edited by jetsam; November 10th, 2019 at 03:22 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wallanedwards View Post
    I had hell getting the nvidia drivers to work with a second monitor but after that I have had nothing but bliss with the platform. The community was fantastic in helping me to get that worked out.
    I wasn't able to do this. What steps did you take?