Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "No Wi-Fi Adapter Found" on ASUS X409FA-EK034T

Beans

Re: "No Wi-Fi Adapter Found" on ASUS X409FA-EK034T

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    I doubt that it matters. Your /home/username directory is just fine. To be certain that you are in that directory before you start, simply do:
    Code:
    cd
    I have git cloned to my desktop, home and also, when I am answering forum questions here and elsewhere, to a directory I created; namely, /home/chili/Desktop/Forum. It can be abbreviated as ~/Desktop/Forum.

The dkms install process automagically takes care of placing needed files in /usr/src and /var/lib as needed. The starting place; /home or Desktop or Downloads, etc., doesn't change it.
    Can the folder rtl8821ce be deleted afterwards?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Can the folder rtl8821ce be deleted afterwards?
    Are you my ex-wife? Is that you, Sharon? You want to throw away my clothes??

Seriously, you can delete it if you are quite confident that nothing will go wrong and that you will never need to repeat the process. I am not that confident. It takes up relatively little space. I'd keep it.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    Are you my ex-wife? Is that you, Sharon? You want to throw away my clothes??

Seriously, you can delete it if you are quite confident that nothing will go wrong and that you will never need to repeat the process. I am not that confident. It takes up relatively little space. I'd keep it.
    OK, thank you for your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12