Thread: Ubuntu 19.10 Flash Firefox plugin

Beans

Ubuntu 19.10 Flash Firefox plugin

I run Ubuntu 19.10 on my Dell XPS 7390 with Firefox 70. To play back videos in Forefox it requires me to install Adobe Flash plugin, but it does not ask for Flash plugin on my another laptop MacBook Air 11" with Debian 10.1 (Buster). Why?

Same situation with Tor Browser - on Ubuntu 19.10 asks for Flash pugin on Debian does not.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Ubuntu 19.10 Flash Firefox plugin

Debian uses an older ESR version of Firefox. I've never been asked to install flash in Ubuntu's Firefox on 19.10.

Beans

I know that Debian has ESR Firefox - it absolutely does not change anything about Flash Plugin. You have not been asked to install flash just because there are not much web-sites which require flash left. So, I know that debian-live-10.0.0-gnome.iso has some video plugin/codec which allows to watch video content on web-sites which require Adobe Flash installed.

Beans

I know that Debian has ESR Firefox - it absolutely does not change anything about Flash Plugin.
    False. Firefox 69 and later removed the option to always activate the Flash plugin, even on a per-site basis. It will ask you every single time. It's part of the process to deprecate Flash and minimize security risks for those still using it.
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1519434

Beans

Exactly,
    With the new Firefox, you can choose to activate the plugins or not, it's not automatic anymore.

Mini Militia App Lock 7Zip
    Last edited by sneazzy95; 1 Week Ago at 08:54 PM.