Thread: email notification issue

Beans

email notification issue

Greetings.

I recently changed my email address in Settings, and it appears that change was successful. However, I can only log in using the old email. I can live with that, but I want email notifications to go to the new email. I changed my Default Thread Subscription Mode to Instantly, using email.

Could someone please reply to this post, so I can see if notifications go to the correct email address.

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: email notification issue

You are confusing your forum account with your Ubuntu One Single Sign-On account. Now that you have changed your forum account email address and re-activated your forum account from the verification email, notifications will go to your new email.

When you log in, you do so from your Ubuntu One account. Presumably, your Ubuntu One account preferred email is the old one. That will not affect forum notifications. If you want to change your preferred email in Ubuntu One, you need to go to https://login.ubuntu.com/ . Please be aware that email addresses in your Ubuntu One account and your forum account do not have to be the same. Use whatever works for you. An email match is only needed for when your forum account is first created or when a forum account created prior to July 2013 is linked to an Ubuntu One account. The link between a forum account and the linked Ubuntu One account can only be removed by a forum admin.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Re: email notification issue

Thanks coffeecat. Unfortunately I didn't get any email notification of your post.