Thread: error installing clamav

Beans

error installing clamav

Hi I work in a school and we have installed MAX, a spanish educative operating system based on Ubuntu. When installing the clamav antivirus in a computer it shows the following error:
    This is a translation from english:

oct 17 13:37:13 PC-1PRI systemd[1]: Failed to start MySQL Community Server.
    oct 17 13:37:13 PC-1PRI systemd[1]: mysql.service: Unit entered failed state.
    oct 17 13:37:13 PC-1PRI systemd[1]: mysql.service: Failed with result 'timeout'.
    Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
    dpkg: error processingmysql-server-5.7 package (--configure): the thread installed thepost-installation script returned the error exit code 1 dpkg: dependencyproblems prevent mysql-server configuration: mysql-server depends onmysql-server-5.7; but nevertheless: The `mysql-server-5.7 'package is notconfigured yet. dpkg: error processing mysql-server package (--configure): dependency issues - left unconfigured Errors were encountered whileprocessing: mysql-server-5.7 mysql-server Processing triggers formax ... E: Sub-process / usr / bin / dpkg returned an error code (1) Madrid @PC-1PRI: ~ $

Thanks for the support

dpkg: error processing mysql-server-5.7 package (--configure): the thread installed the post-installation script returned the error exit code 1dpkg: dependency problems prevent mysql-server configuration: mysql-server depends on mysql-server-5.7; but nevertheless: The `mysql-server-5.7 'package is not configured yet.dpkg: error processing mysql-server package (--configure): dependency issues - left unconfiguredErrors were encountered while processing: mysql-server-5.7 mysql-serverProcessing triggers for max ...E: Sub-process / usr / bin / dpkg returned an error code (1)Madrid @ PC-1PRI: ~ $

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: error installing clamav

Thread moved to Ubuntu/Debian BASED a more appropriate sub-forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Since clamav does not require MySQL to operate, I suspect this has something to do with the MAX software.

You could try installing MySQL manually:

Code:
    sudo apt install mysql-server
    but I'm not sure that will solve the problem. The question remains what is the database that MySQL is supposed to be hosting? I'd guess that MAX should have installed a database for you, though I'm surprised it didn't throw an error when it didn't find MySQL. Perhaps you might start from scratch on one machine and first install Ubuntu, then install clamav, then MySQL, then MAX.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

ok thanks