Thread: Mince Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Question Mince Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error

Hi, so I was trying to run Minecraft on my distro and I ran into this error, I have openjdk-8-jre installed still I get this error when I try java -jar minecraft.jar in the terminal.

[BootstrapStarter] Current dir: /mnt/Yasir Rehman/Downloads/Games/MineCraft/.
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: tlauncher.bootstrap.classpath is not defined
    at ru.turikhay.tlauncher.bootstrap.launcher.ProcessSt arter.getSystemClasspath(ProcessStarter.java:98)
    at ru.turikhay.tlauncher.bootstrap.BootstrapStarter.s tart(BootstrapStarter.java:37)
    at ru.turikhay.tlauncher.bootstrap.BootstrapStarter.m ain(BootstrapStarter.java:19)

Sorry for the typo in the title.
    Last edited by hazard-droid; October 21st, 2019 at 02:35 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Mince Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error

Okay I got it working I just uninstalled java and reinstalled with jdk and it worked sudo apt install openjdk-8-jdk openjdk-8-jre

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Re: Mince Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error

Hmm, interesting. If it couldn't find the bootstrap classloader, my thought is that the openjdk-8-jre package must not be properly packaged.

Java programs (and thereby Minecraft plugins) usually explicitly call the bootstrap classloader in order to reflexively read items from the resource folder in the jar. There's no reason you should have needed the jdk package. My best guess is that the jre package is missing some binaries from $JAVA_HOME/bin

But I'm glad you got it working! What version/distro were you running on?