Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily iso's are uploaded

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Daily iso's are uploaded

Just to let everyone know that have been waiting for the daily iso's they are now uploaded and the links to the official Ubuntu flavors are in the sticky.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Daily iso's are uploaded

Thanks ! I just received first Budgie updates.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

I'm downloading an iso with the codename focal. is focal <animal> offical

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Focal Fossa is the official name.

Beans

Cool. From wikipedia

The fossa is the largest mammalian carnivore on the island of Madagascar and has been compared to a small cougar. Adults have a head-body length of 70–80 cm (28–31 in) and weigh between 5.5 and 8.6 kg (12 and 19 lb), with the males larger than the females. It has semi-retractable claws (meaning it can extend but not retract its claws fully) and flexible ankles that allow it to climb up and down trees head-first, and also support jumping from tree to tree. The fossa is unique within its family for the shape of its genitalia, which share traits with those of cats and hyenas.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

The idea of QA-testing 20.04 is still scary.... for me anyway

Still too soon after eoan, as my usual first chore is testing all [my] bugs of eoan-cycle to confirm they were fixed (if not closed/released/etc), and adding 'focal' to .... nah I still need a few more days before I start that merry-go-round...
    (esp. given touching the bug reports means I should also chase up-stream... way too early!)

(head goes back in the sand!)
    Last edited by guiverc; October 21st, 2019 at 01:49 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'm also still catching my breath after the Eoan final testing.

Plus, real life has thrown some distractions in my way. As I'm getting paid for one of them, I'm not complaining.

As for scary, though, I think that VMs have made a huge difference. Trashing a VM seems much more comfortable that discovering you've screwed up your main machine and can't boot (or something).
    BACKUPS are unsexy — until you discover you should have done one yesterday.
    Spare your nerves and do one before you upgrade or install.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Irihapeti View Post
    As for scary, though, I think that VMs have made a huge difference. Trashing a VM seems much more comfortable that discovering you've screwed up your main machine and can't boot (or something).
    Sheesh Where's your sense of adventure?
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Just downloaded and installed Xubuntu Focal as a VM in Virtualbox version 6.0.14.

Seems to be OK so far except that every boot gives me a notification of a system problem but with no detail of what the problem is. So far I have not had time to search any logs to see what is happening, and the system appears to overcome whatever the problem is and continues to run well.

It's a pity that chromium is available only as a snap; I forgot that and used synaptic to install it which froze the system almost completely, so I ran commands
    Code:
    snap remove chromium && snap install chromium
    which appeared to clean things up and happened much quicker than synaptic.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mrfelker View Post
    Cool. From wikipedia

The fossa is the largest mammalian carnivore on the island of Madagascar and has been compared to a small cougar. Adults have a head-body length of 70–80 cm (28–31 in) and weigh between 5.5 and 8.6 kg (12 and 19 lb), with the males larger than the females. It has semi-retractable claws (meaning it can extend but not retract its claws fully) and flexible ankles that allow it to climb up and down trees head-first, and also support jumping from tree to tree. The fossa is unique within its family for the shape of its genitalia, which share traits with those of cats and hyenas.
    Sounds like the fossa isn't quite as big as I'd imagined, so maybe not quite as scary as I thought. I once had a rather large cat who weighed 6.5 kg and I wasn't scared of him. But I think the local rabbits were...
    BACKUPS are unsexy — until you discover you should have done one yesterday.
    Spare your nerves and do one before you upgrade or install.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast