Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daily iso's are uploaded

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Daily iso's are uploaded

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    I forgot that and used synaptic to install it which froze the system almost completely, so I ran commands
    Code:
    snap remove chromium && snap install chromium
    which appeared to clean things up and happened much quicker than synaptic.
    Installing Chromium using synaptic installs a transitional .deb which then installs snapd (if not already installed), the chromium snap and any other snaps that the Chromium snap needs in order to function such as gtk-common-themes. This can be a lengthy process on Kubuntu, Lubuntu and Xubuntu compared to Ubuntu, Ubuntu MATE and Ubuntu Budgie which will have some of what Chromium needs preseeded as other snap applications are installed by default.

Removing the Chromium snap and re-installing it would of course be much quicker than the initial installation as removing the snap wouldn't undo a lot of what had already been done.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulW2U View Post
    Installing Chromium using synaptic installs a transitional .deb which then installs snapd (if not already installed), the chromium snap and any other snaps that the Chromium snap needs in order to function such as gtk-common-themes. This can be a lengthy process on Kubuntu, Lubuntu and Xubuntu compared to Ubuntu, Ubuntu MATE and Ubuntu Budgie which will have some of what Chromium needs preseeded as other snap applications are installed by default.

Removing the Chromium snap and re-installing it would of course be much quicker than the initial installation as removing the snap wouldn't undo a lot of what had already been done.
    Thanks for that info Paul; this is the first snap I have ever installed and so far I have not had a chance to look at it very much, nor see how well chromium runs as a snap compared to a .deb installation.

Lots to investigate and so little time to do it all these days!
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 18.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Hey Guys

Media attention:
    Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa) Daily Build ISOs Are Now Available to Download
    https://news.softpedia.com/news/ubun...d-527935.shtml

with links to the flavor builds.

moving right on along
    THE current(cy) in Documentation:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages

Happy ubuntu'n !

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Bashing-om View Post
    Hey Guys

Media attention:
    Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa) Daily Build ISOs Are Now Available to Download
    https://news.softpedia.com/news/ubun...d-527935.shtml

with links to the flavor builds.
    moving right on along
    Let the fun begin again! Thanks for the link.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12