Thread: Firefox doesn't fully display embedded twitter timelines

Beans

Firefox doesn't fully display embedded twitter timelines

I have a weather station web site at http://tr0p0scatter.ca/html/wx-webcam.html . The bottom pane is the weather data message output. The top half is divided up to display a live webcam during stormy weather and three twitter timelines related to highway conditions during inclement weather as well as solar propagation conditions at any given time.

If I view it on firefox in a windows box the twitter timelines all auto display correctly, however, a couple or three updates back (not sure which one it was) firefox in the linux ubuntustudio 18.04 LTS stopped auto displaying the timelines and instead only displays them as html links. The linlks do work but open in a new tab or page and one has to click on each separately now.

Was there a change to ubuntu's included firefox package that did this? is there an option I need to adjust to have it return to displaying the embedded timelines correctly in automatic fashion?

thanks
    Last edited by ccor58; October 19th, 2019 at 07:11 PM. Reason: SOLVED

Beans

Re: Firefox doesn't fully display embedded twitter timelines

When I go there, I see the twitter feeds. I am using 18.04, also. The first thing I would try would be closing Firefox, then going to the home folder and renaming .mozilla to .mozilla old, then opening Firefox to see if that page displays properly. If it works, then it is likely an extension/add-on causing the problem.

Edit: I just added a screenshot of what I see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by uRock; October 19th, 2019 at 05:02 PM.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Works just fine for me on XUbuntu 18.04 with ff 69.0.2 if I temporarily disable my adblocker which probably considers executing twitter-scripts as some kind of tracking (and of course I have to whitelist script execution in NoScript, as expected for a site I haven't visited before). If I leave the blocker running I don't even get links, there's just nothing there except a message stating that the webcam is only operating during inclement weather.

Holger

Beans

That did the trick. Thanks guys.