Thread: 19.10 keeps locking up with Live USB

Beans

19.10 keeps locking up with Live USB

I am attempting to install Ubuntu 19.10 onto my Cherry Trail tablet, however the live environment keeps locking up completely, making me hard shut down in order to get out of it. Is there a known issue with this? How can I get around this?

I've tried 19.04 and that didn't seem to lock up, however it has a separate problem in that the touchscreen doesn't work properly and makes installing pretty hard. Up and down goes left and right, and vice-versa.

Edit: 18.04.3 LTS also freezes. 19.04 still seems to work and not freeze, but has the touchscreen issue.
    Last edited by spitfire359; October 18th, 2019 at 11:01 PM.

Beans

Re: 19.10 keeps locking up with Live USB

I'm having the exact same problem. Trying to install on Lenovo Y520 Legion laptop from USB. I've tried selecting both the live environment option and the install option. In either case, it locks hard within a few seconds of loading desktop screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hello jdkitch, please start your own thread instead of posting in someone else's most of the time even though the issues appear the same the cause is completely different and it gets confusing for the person being helped and the volunteers that are helping.

Beans

Any ideas? I've tried 2 systems that both use Cherry Trail (Z8300), and both have the freeze on 18.04.3 and 19.10. 19.04 works, but won't be supported for much longer.