Thread: [Solved] Default audio device - Ubuntu 19.10

Beans

[Solved] Default audio device - Ubuntu 19.10

I installed Ubuntu 19.10, but at the first boot I notice that there is no audio coming from the ALC1150 chip audio on my Gigabyte motherboard. I go to audio settings an I realize that the device set by default is that of the video card (HDMI/DisplayPort 5 - Ellesmere HDMI Audio), then change to "Line-Out - Internal Audio" and restart the PC. But on restart, bad surprise, there is still the same problem. How can I change the default audio device?
    Last edited by Silverfox_28; October 27th, 2019 at 07:31 PM.

Beans

Re: Default audio device - Ubuntu 19.10

Same problem here.
    Fresh install of Ubuntu 19.10. Default output device after start was the output from my AMD Radeon RX 560 Series. I wasn't able to change it to the preferred analog Line-out output. After changing it in "Settings" it reversed after the next boot.
    Because of a unequal mouse movement (cursor moves sometimes suddenly slower and after that fast again) I decided to go back to 19.04.

Beans

Same problem. On upgrade from 19.04 to 19.10 I have no sound out. Shows audio out as HDMI/Displayport instead of Built-in audio. I get audio back by going into settings, sound and changing to Built-in Audio. Rebooting causes problem to re-appear. I am on an Hp Pavilion laptop. lspci shows: Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h (Models 60h-6fh) Audio Controller

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

One of the pulseaudio utilities - I can't remember which one - lets you select the default audio device easily. That functionality is built into the normal KDE settings, which is why I can't remember what the extra utility is called that you need to install if you're using Gnome.

Beans

I found a bug report on this problem and a fix in the comments that worked for me:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...o/+bug/1847570

The fix was :
    Comment out from /etc/pulse/default.pa

load-module module-switch-on-port-available
    load-module module-switch-on-connect

reboot

Beans

Same here.