Thread: pdf append, slice and index

Beans

pdf append, slice and index

In a former version of ubuntu I had a tool that allowed you to splice pdfs, append files together and create the index entries.
    I can't find something to do this now. I have pdf Mix Tool which allows me to append files together, but it only creates and index of the files added together and I need one where I can put in ineex entries for each individual page.
    I have the LibreOffice originals for all files, so I could save each page as individual pdfs and then add them in Mix Tool but that is going to be a lot of work that I'd rather avoid.

Are there any tools available currently that will let me add index entries?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: pdf append, slice and index

Thread moved to General Help.

Beans

I am not quite certain what you mean by index entry. If you mean the text-entries in the outline-view in the side-bar of the pdf-viewer, then those have to be generated at the source in Libre Office. If you use the format-templates for headings than those will produce outline entries when exporting to pdf; or you can manually set paragraphs to be outline entries with 'Format' -> 'Paragraph' -> Tab 'Outline & Numbering' -> Field 'Outline Level'.

Holger

Beans

Yes, I do mean the text in the side bar. I would have to go back into the document and define the headings as actual headings rather than just the big centred font they are at the moment and the originals are both Write and Impress just to confuse matters. That could be a way around that problem but sometimes I want to do other things with pdfs so I was looking for an editing tool that could do a bit more, such as remove pages.

Beans

You need multiple tools to do what you want.

It seems like you are missing pdfshuffler for example. It is in the repos.