Thread: installing epson xp-610 printer

Beans

installing epson xp-610 printer

I found an epson xp-610 somebody dumped in my garbage can. Looked ok to me so I thought I would take a look. Seems that the printer print head was messed up so I thought I would make a run at it. I am now ready to start installing this thing. I cleaned up the print head with a sonic cleaner. Don't know if it will work but has in the past. Anyway, I am now into software for this printer. Epson has the following:
    XP-610 Series
    Printer Driver Linux
    1.7.3 ESC/P-R Driver (generic driver) All language
    08-30-2019
    XP-610 Series
    XP-6100 Series
    Printer Driver Linux
    1.1.0 Epson Printer Utility All language
    08-30-2019
    XP-610 Series
    Printer Driver Linux
    1.0.0 ESC/P Driver (full feature) All language
    09-06-2013
    XP-610 Series
    Scanner Driver Linux
    2.30.4 All-in-one package All language
    08-22-201

Under printer driver there is a utility, esc/p driver (full feature) and esc/pr generic driver as well as a scanner driver. My problem is whether to get the full feature or the generic driver (assuming I want the utility and the scanner driver).

The reason for this is that most instructions for this seem to suggest that I want the generic rather than the full feature driver. The full feature driver is 6 years older than the generic so that kinda makes sense so I thought I would try and get thoughts on this one before I start.

Thank you................
    Memory: 16gb
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU
    Graphics: NVC1

Beans

Re: installing epson xp-610 printer

OK, I cleaned up the print head, added the printer and driver. Added some paper, tried to print a test page. It whirred and whizzed for quite a while, no errors, but I turned it off as it thought it was printing but never grabbed any paper. Then I turned it on again and got an error 0x9a which means, I think, that the printer carriage is not working. At one point it did (tested it - opened it up and slid it to far left and closed it and carriage went back to far right, stopped and locked and I could also hear it moving when it thought it was printing something).

Now, however, I have that 0x9a error all the time, the carriage is no longer locked to the right side and can be moved at any time, turned off, turned on, whatever. I have searched this to find a solution and tried them all to no avail.

Anybody have any thoughts on this one?

Thank you.................

Beans

Re: installing epson xp-610 printer

I gave up on this printer and tossed it. I would mark this as solved but have been told that if its not solved can't do that. I am, however, abandoning this, have no idea how to mark it as abandoned and not solved so I will just abandon it. I do wonder, however, can one simply abandon an entire thread and then delete it? (or whatever)