Thread: Ubuntu startup boot

Beans

Ubuntu startup boot

I just installed ubuntu as a dual boot with windows and it takes a lot to start..... And i mean a lot more than ten minutes (no joke) but the thing is, it just got kinda stuck in a violet screen before it says "ubuntu" on the screen i dont think this is normal, i also have to mention i installed it kinda weird, i installed it and everything was normal but for stupids reasons i tried to delete it, i also did a factory reset on windows, and installed ubuntu again....

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Ubuntu startup boot

We need much more information to be able to help you.

What is the hardware to which you installed Ubuntu; command
    Code:
    inxi -Fzx
    will tell us a lot more.
    What version of Ubuntu did you install?
    What version of Windows do you currently have, and is it installed using MBR/BIOS or UEFI, the new firmware for just about every computer sold currently?
    Please use Code-Tags for terminal output to show that text in a more readable format, the same as it is in the terminal, not as plain text. See my signature below for a How-to

It will be best to see exactly where you are at present so go to Boot-Repair in my signature below and follow the instructions there to run the Boot-Info-Script, from a live system if necessary.

Do not run the default repair just yet but simply copy back here the pastebin link you get which will show us a lot more about your system.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 18.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads

Beans

Mi pc is a laptop acer aspire A315_41
    AMD ryzen 5 with radeon vega
    The version of ubuntu is 19.04
    Y installed it using the bios
    I use windows 10

Beans
    Hidden!

Did that PC come with Win 10 pre-installed? If so it will have been installed as a UEFI installation, and your Ubuntu should therefore also be installed using UEFI.

I am not sure this would make a difference to the speed of booting, but I think it does mean that you must currently be using the UEFI keypress to get to Ubuntu.

I have no experience of Ryzen CPUs and graphics, so will have to leave this to others to answer with a better solution for you.
    It will still be worth running Boot-Repair as suggested in my first post as it will tell us a lot more.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 18.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads

Beans

I would suggest you read the Ubuntu documentation on dual booting with windows and compare it to what you did.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFI