Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intrusive Chrome something...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Unhappy Re: Intrusive Chrome something...

Hi again.
    With the shell extension disabled and the swap increased, got the same misbehavior after a while. Could be something different this time. Can anyone please confirm this site responds properly ? If does not, what is it happening ?

Screenshot from 2019-12-17 18-59-27.png

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Intrusive Chrome something...

I don't get the same results because I don't know the exact search terms. I do find user manual.wiki
    https://usermanual.wiki/
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

This is probably not going to help, but seeing how that I just "fixed" a laptop with the same condition, give it a try. This is the first thing that I do with most laptops that I get for repair:

Power down. Remove ALL cables including power cable. Remove battery. Let sit for 10 minutes. Reinstall battery, plug in power cord, boot machine. See what happens.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks.
    The search terms were ----> mc13156dw data 1993

Clicking on that result, all froze, every time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

The site did load, but it took forever. I was expecting it to time out . I think it's a web site problem or the data/document being 26 years old took time to load from the data base.

https://usermanual.wiki/Document/199...891433337/help
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro

After almost two months of good computer behavior, decided to allow software updating yesterday, as has proven in the past to obtain smoother/better performance when updates are disabled.
    Well today, a GoogleChrome script halted Firefox again, unable to take screenshot as 'camera' froze at that moment.

Was unable to close tabs, the pictures show incorrect prompts when the arrow pointer is clicked in both screenshot locations shown
    One is supposed to open new tab, the other to restore the 'SanRemo' tab. Nothing responded, wrong prompts. "Show bookmarks ; close tab" at places clicked.

Could take screenshots :
    Screenshot from 2020-02-07 19-01-58.jpg
    Screenshot from 2020-02-07 19-02-21.jpg
    Last edited by deadflowr; February 8th, 2020 at 05:37 AM. Reason: fix attachment tag bracket

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

The search terms were ----> mc13156dw data 1993
    I searched the term on both Chrome and Firefox using Google search engine on both. Chrome found it right away; it took a couple of seconds for the page to load. Firefox using Google search found it too, but not as quickly as Chrome; the page load using Firefox+Google search did take longer than than Chrome+Google. The more often the search term, 'mc13156dw data 1993' is searched, the quicker it will turn up. How quickly that particular webpage loads in your browser depends on external factors - the capability of server and database where that particular page resides, the loading, routing, and speed of the external internet, the constraints of your own router, local network, and computer.
    When is the last time you performed a speedtest, https://www.speedtest.net/
    I completed a speedtest just now - Download = 50.58 Mbps Upload = 17.90 Mbps. Most days my download speed runs around 90 Mbps.
    Last edited by him610; February 8th, 2020 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Unnecessary sentence
    Cheers,

The Linux Command Line at http://linuxcommand.org/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123