Thread: How long it takes Ubuntu development bext Ubuntu version=

Beans

How long it takes Ubuntu development bext Ubuntu version=

How long it normally takes Ubuntu begin with development next Ubuntu version.
    For Example Ubuntu 19.10 come on 17 oktober, when a development version of 20.04 is available?

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: How long it takes Ubuntu development next Ubuntu version

Development often starts straight away with the first ISOs available within a week or two. In order for the new repositories to be set-up it needs Mark Shuttleworth to give a name to the new release. But don't expect any great changes during the first couple of weeks as all you will have is 19.10 with a few updated packages but something that will identify as being 20.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How long it takes Ubuntu development bext Ubuntu version=

Disco Dingo 19.04 has been released in April 18, Eoan Ermine 19.10 1st ISO was available on 24 April but his name was revealed only on 23 May.

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: How long it takes Ubuntu development bext Ubuntu version=

The release names for the 18.10 and 19.10 releases were both released one part at a time.

Although the full name was not known until 23rd May we knew that the first part would be eoan as early as 18th April as discussed here. That was enough to get development of Ubuntu 19.10 underway by setting up the new repositories.