Thread: problem after installing google chrome & with firefox

Beans

problem after installing google chrome & with firefox

Hey,

I installed lubuntu 19.04 today and started using it, while i watched youtube videos and videos from other site on firefox i notice some glitching when there were a lot of movement. the video didnt stuck, just some parts of the screen where there were a lot of movment looked "flickery". Im using integrated intel graphic so if someone know what the cause I would love to go back to firefox.

and after I download chrom and started it from terminal im getting the following message:

Code:
    [5554:5554:1009/183925.057354:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(369)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
    Opening in existing browser session.
    and if im closing the terminal the browser closing too.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: problem after installing google chrome & with firefox

Both Chrome and Firefox disable hardware acceleration for video decoding on Linux. There's a build of Chromium that has it enabled.

Beans

thats weird because I tried chromium too, and still it worked only on chrome.

and do you have any clue about the error? Im getting it when im openning spotify too:

Code:
    [1009/192502.422617:ERROR:buffer_manager.cc(488)] [.DisplayCompositor]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_OPERATION : glBufferData: <- error from previous GL command

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

and if im closing the terminal the browser closing too.
    How it should be, if you want to keep it running you need to disown it.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by deadflowr View Post
    How it should be, if you want to keep it running you need to disown it.
    thank you,

and I just notice that it doesnt matter what the program im trying to open from the terminal after it opens im getting the error I posted.

this time with chromium:

Code:
    aniel@daniel-pc:~$ chromium-browser[24839:24839:1009/193229.264799:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(369)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
    [24839:24839:1009/193229.398617:ERROR:buffer_manager.cc(488)] [.DisplayCompositor]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_OPERATION : glBufferData: <- error from previous GL command

(chromium-browser:24809): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 19:32:45.231: g_dbus_proxy_new: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed
    Icon theme "breeze" not found.
    is that normal?