Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bluetooth Not Working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Bluetooth Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyrus View Post
    Ok and I asked if your blutooth dongle worked so does it? Because everything you posted says your bluetooth hardware is dead or turned off since none of these commands are finding anything at all bluetooth related. Going to 19 may make things work since itll have updated drivers that'd be the first thing I try.
    Yes, the Bluetooth dongle works fine because I've tried it on another laptop with Ubuntu version 18.04 and it works fine.

The only difference is the laptop I tried it on that works is an HP 250 G6 laptop. So, for some reason it doesn't work on an HP 250 G7 laptop.

I find this to be very strange.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daniel-patrick View Post
    Yes, the Bluetooth dongle works fine because I've tried it on another laptop with Ubuntu version 18.04 and it works fine.

The only difference is the laptop I tried it on that works is an HP 250 G6 laptop. So, for some reason it doesn't work on an HP 250 G7 laptop.

I find this to be very strange.
    wait are you saying that the bluetooth dongle doesn't work? thought your internal bluetooth wasnt working and that you had to use the dongle instead. did you try a different usb port?

Beans

yea, but rfkill list doesn't show any bluetooth devices, just his wifi.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyrus View Post
    wait are you saying that the bluetooth dongle doesn't work? thought your internal bluetooth wasnt working and that you had to use the dongle instead. did you try a different usb port?
    The Bluetooth mouse works fine. It's something from Ubuntu or the drivers that are incorrect.

What I'm saying is that I tried it on two different laptops. On one model it works and the other it doesn't. Both are of the HP brand.

Laptop Models

HP 250 G6 with Ubuntu 18.14 installed - Works
    HP 250 G7 with Ubuntu 18.14 installed - Doesn't work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12