Thread: "The program 'docker' is currently not installed", even though I just installed it

Beans

"The program 'docker' is currently not installed", even though I just installed it

I've tried installing the program docker both with muon and "apt-get install". However, when I try running it, the following error appears:

Code:
    The program 'docker' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
    sudo apt-get install docker
    It still appears after following the instructions and running "sudo apt-get install docker". I have tried removing the program with both "apt-get remove" and "apt-get autoremove" and re-installing but without results.

What am I doing wrong?

Beans

Re: "The program 'docker' is currently not installed", even though I just installed i

May not be all that helpful, just to confirm, you did the install as root with sudo? Attempting to run as root? (Their docs show you ways you don't have to run as root every time, once you get it running.) Missed something here?

https://docs.docker.com/install/linux/docker-ce/ubuntu/

Beans

Re: "The program 'docker' is currently not installed", even though I just installed i

I think you want docker.io, not just docker. Results of apt search below. I had a similar problem when doing a chroot installation of bionic with netplan / netplan.io

Code:
    docker.io/bionic-updates,bionic-security 18.09.7-0ubuntu1~18.04.4 amd64
     Linux container runtime
    Code:
    docker/bionic 1.5-1build1 amd64
    System tray for KDE3/GNOME2 docklet applications
    Last edited by Tadaen_Sylvermane; October 9th, 2019 at 04:00 PM.