Thread: DNS Filtering for spesific user

Beans

DNS Filtering for spesific user

i've been build server for DNS Filtering and i want to forward my openwrt to my DNS server
    i'm using the iptables for forwarding the port of DNS

HTML Code:
    iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp -s 192.168.1.129 --dport 53 -j DNAT --to-destination xxx.xxx.xx.xx:xxx
    and i got DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: DNS Filtering for spesific user

If you want to filter DNS or web access, there are much easier ways.
    a) use pi-hole https://pi-hole.net/
    b) setup a squid proxy server https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/squid.html

DNS isn't on a per-user basis.
    Squid proxy can be on a per-user basis, assuming you require a login for each user to the Squid server.

Please don't place the full image inline here. Mobile platforms have problems with it and some people pay for each byte they see. Images need to be optional, not forced, in these forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: DNS Filtering for spesific user

If you're building a DNS server, why do you need to forward anything at all? Just install BIND9 and let it see the Internet. All my local clients use the DNS server sitting in the corner of my office.

I don't know what you're using openwrt for, but if you have a domain and zone files, just replicate them on the server.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users