Thread: Touchpad "Edge Scrolling" turns off as soon as System Settings is closed

Beans

Touchpad "Edge Scrolling" turns off as soon as System Settings is closed

Just testing Eoan on an old Dell Latitude E6400 and notice when I switch Edge Scrolling on it works as I'd expect as long as I leave System Settings open but as soon as I close System Settings the setting reverts to off (the default setting). What package do you think I should file a bug report against?

Beans

Re: Touchpad "Edge Scrolling" turns off as soon as System Settings is closed

That laptop has nVidia graphics so I switched back to nouveau just to be sure it wasn't a driver issue. BTW both the nouveau and nVidia drivers have minor issues, nouveau being the lesser of two evils right now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It's working on my old Asus X202E with Intel graphics, but I have to place the cursor in the window I want to scroll.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by P-I H View Post
    It's working on my old Asus X202E with Intel graphics, but I have to place the cursor in the window I want to scroll.
    The rather default out-of-box settings for any OS I've ever tried is two-finger scrolling which works fine. I just don't like it, preferring edge scrolling which I know works fine in both Xenial and Bionic on those E6400's. It's always been necessary to focus the pointer properly - more and more web pages now place content-in-content just to complicate things. It looks like GNOME has totally redesigned mouse and touchpad settings. I don't recall what Disco looked like in that regard because I didn't test it on a laptop.

Beans

This was easy to solve after a bit of searching. I installed the package 'xserver-xorg-input-synaptics' and now things behave properly. BTW it actually effects the entire appearance of the mouse/touchpad settings UI. Two-finger scrolling has a separate "place" in the UI now, so when one is changed the other is changed. Anyway it works with the addition of that package.

Beans

I filed a bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1845898

Just in case anyone else notices this.