Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When listening to music do you prefer audio only or do you like music videos ?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: When listening to music do you prefer audio only or do you like music videos ?

audio only. i'm usually coding or hacking while listening. since i use compartmentalization users with pulseaudio in system mode, i can play music on youtube in one userid and listen to it as i jump around doing coding and foruming.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: When listening to music do you prefer audio only or do you like music videos ?

audio only. videos are mostly done in a bad way and pointless to me. i can name only a few that i actually like to see as a video. they are mostly animated (e.g. Gorillaz, Pearl Jam's "Do the evolution", Night begins to shine - the BER joke viode in Teen Titans cartoon).

i also do not understand musicals and find them ridiculous.

i do like operas, and theatre. just not musicals.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Audio only, as background noise while life goes on.
    Your files aren't in the cloud, they're just on someone else's computer.
    --Dave

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Sometimes audio, sometimes video; it generally depends on the sound quality. Studio audio music often surpasses live audio music. A notable exception (for me, anyway) is Tina Turner, Proud Mary, at Wembly Stadium, which features the finest musically-synchronized light show I've ever seen. To only only hear that performance would be a loss.
    HP Z400 Workstation, Xeon 3680 hexcore 3.33 GHz, 18 GB ram, 2TB hdd; Windows 10; Ubuntu 18.04/Mate; Deepin 20/Beta (doesn't boot)//,160 GB hdd; Ultimate Edition Oz Unity Star Sapphire.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

and analog always surpasses digital.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Audio only. I tend to find any video addition distracting.

But then, I'm a classical music nerd.
    BACKUPS are unsexy — until you discover you should have done one yesterday.
    Spare your nerves and do one before you upgrade or install.

Beans

Usually audio only. It seems like music videos don't add much to the song narrative. Sometimes you'll find something visually amazing like a Cyriak animation, but that's rare.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I prefer audio only. I mostly do something else at the same time while listening to music.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Mostly audio, but sometimes it can add to the music with a good video!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Audio. Jazz is my thing.
    "The piano ain't got no wrong notes."

-Thelonious Monk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast