Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: When listening to music do you prefer audio only or do you like music videos ?

Beans

Re: When listening to music do you prefer audio only or do you like music videos ?

I prefer audio .because, music should be felt closing your eyes with open heart.

Beans

Re: When listening to music do you prefer audio only or do you like music videos ?

Has to be music only, I don't like most of the videos musicians do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I generally like audio only but I do like some videos. I like watching Stevie Ray Vaughn and Jimi Hendricks for example because they were so talented.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

With Clown Core, there is only music videos
    Supermicro Server :: Atom C3558 (4) @ 2.2 GHz :: 64 GB ECC DDR4-2400 :: 512 GB NVMe :: 4x 2 TB SSD @ RAID-Z :: 1x Raspberry Pi 4 Server

Scripts: directory-tools | rsync-backup | add-apt-key

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Does streaming stuff via YouTube count as "music videos?"
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
    Does streaming stuff via YouTube count as "music videos?"
    Yep, I reckon it does. Some good music content there .

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I use YouTube Music instead of YouTube mainly to avoid the videos.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by linuxyogi View Post
    There was a time when I had no TV in my room. I only had a Sony mini hifi system and I used to listen to music all day but now I prefer watching music channels on my TV.

Audio only doesn't attract me anymore.

What about you guys ?

When listening to music do you prefer audio only or do you like music videos ?
    I prefer listening to music, and not watching videos. When I listen to music, I draw pictures inside my own mind. I listen to the lyrics, and try to understand what the artist is speaking about by making connections between verses.

When I watch a music video, I see images that are very different than what I picture in my mind. Most of these images are distorted versions of what I see in my own mind. Therefore I prefer my own musical "hallucinations," if you will, than the ones projected by someone else.

Most of the time, music videos aren't the image that is in the mind of the artist. Some director is hired, and works with the artist, but between budgets, edits, conflicting ideas, music studio input, etc... It's amazing they come out with anything.

Edit: Every once in a while, a video along with it's music work well together, and makes a great impact. i.e. Gangnam Style... absolute genius.
    Holy Cripes on Toast!
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - ticopelp

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

audio
    absolutely no visual distraction could never understand Music Videos why? :]
    audio requires FULL attention to study it to surf it to compare it
    in 2020 i only listen to Analog media ripped and converted .... cannot abide the metallic sound of CD's or even newer 24-bit streams
    Typically a cassette/LP/8-track/VHS ripped with Audacity and played on Audacious Foobar XMMS
    as a musician and linguist sound MATTERS :]
    will watch films but then my focus is on image and story

so audio audio audio ... if it is music ... music is a food
    Linux is Latin for off-the-beaten-track
    what I like MOST about our Ubuntu ... The Community ie 50 brains are better than one
    Playing with Slackware too now ...
    ShanArt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Both, high quality concert footage or creative music videos are great when I take the time to watch them. When working out indoors or computing for pleasure audio is better.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234