Thread: Zoneminder upgrade - 1.26 to 1.32

Beans

Unhappy Zoneminder upgrade - 1.26 to 1.32

Unable to get images to show and various errors in the logs Here's the primary issue I'm guessing ... i have a zmdc.sock= in the /tmp/zm folder and that's it..

I updated on an ubuntu 14.04 workstation, from 1.26 of ZM to 1.32. ... the install when fine... DB got updated with no issues. But had various config issues with apache that got sorted out when i re-enabled the cgi, write, and such.

Any suggestions other than starting with a fresh install? Are the camera properties i used under 1.26 compatible with 1.32 as is?
    2019-09-19 17:23:52 web_js 12388 ERR getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /tmp/zm/zms-832658s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/...one-window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors() ?view=watch
    2019-09-19 17:23:52 web_php 12388 ERR Socket /tmp/zm/zms-832658s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/...one-window-etc for more information. /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php 2048

Beans

Re: Zoneminder upgrade - 1.26 to 1.32

Have you verified that zoneminder is running as suggested in the output you posted?
    Have you checked that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly?
    You might want to do a new install of Ubuntu as 14.04 has not been supported since April of this year.

Beans

Re: Zoneminder upgrade - 1.26 to 1.32

Thanks! as it turns out, I did indeed install 16.04 of ubuntu ... however, I ended up right back where I was. I actually ended up removing ZM and totally reinstalling (dropping the database etc). As it turns out, the whole problem was the typical path issue. Unfortunately, EVERY REFERENCE I COULD FIND re: how to ensure that the script alias and PATH_ZMS variable was set correctly, referred to a console OPTIONS ==> PATH setting that is NO LONGER present on 1.32 of ZM. which brings up a curious problem as to how to ensure folks new to this level of support can possibly find the correct answers online without having to actually make a post. When the actual functionality of the product changes like this, and the old docs are still readily accessible.. it makes it difficult to keep from pulling out your hair. I was unable to figure this out until I actually SEARCHED GOOGLE for "ZONEMINDER MISSING PATH_ZMS" at which point, i found the handy site that explained as how these path variables are now in zmcustom.conf as noted here (if this is allowed https://forums.zoneminder.com/viewto...=27722#p108059

Once I realized that the path variables are now in zmcustom.conf in /etc/zm/conf.d the world was a much better place, and immediately the camera i had defined started working. I simply had to insert "/zm" in front of the default setting there. Getting a few other cameras to work was very difficult due to odd FOSCAM HD camera settings, but I finally got there. We're back in business - though i do have to re map my zone on the motion detection camera.
    Last edited by juanboy2k; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:06 AM.