Thread: Autoremove wants to remove some KDE packages

Beans

Autoremove wants to remove some KDE packages

Hi, I don't remember noticing the autoremove prompt, but just now I noticed it and did a quick scan and saw it listing some libkf packages.

Below is the list:
    Code:
      accountwizard cryfs encfs fonts-open-sans gir1.2-gconf-2.0 gir1.2-rsvg-2.0 gyp kdegames-card-data-kf5
      kdegames-mahjongg-data-kf5 kdepim-addons kdepim-themeeditors kf5-messagelib-data konversation-data
      libc-ares2 libcrypto++6 libfreecell-solver0 libjs-inherits libjs-is-typedarray libkf5followupreminder5
      libkf5grantleetheme-data libkf5grantleetheme-plugins libkf5grantleetheme5 libkf5gravatar-data
      libkf5gravatar5abi2 libkf5kaddressbookgrantlee5 libkf5kaddressbookimportexport5 libkf5kdegames-data
      libkf5kdegames7 libkf5kdegamesprivate1 libkf5kmahjongglib-data libkf5kmahjongglib5 libkf5kmanagesieve5
      libkf5ksieve-data libkf5ksieve5 libkf5ksieveui5 libkf5libkleo5abi1 libkf5mailcommon-plugins
      libkf5mailcommon5abi4 libkf5mailimporter-data libkf5mailimporter5abi1 libkf5mailimporterakonadi5
      libkf5messagecomposer5abi2 libkf5messagecore5abi2 libkf5messagelist5abi1 libkf5messageviewer-plugins
      libkf5messageviewer5abi5 libkf5mimetreeparser5abi3 libkf5sendlater5 libkf5templateparser5abi2
      libkf5tnef-data libkf5tnef5 libkf5webengineviewer5abi3 libkpimimportwizard5 libkpimitinerary-data
      libkpimitinerary5 libkpimpkpass5 libnode-dev libnode64 libqgpgme7 libssl-dev libtinyxml2-6a libuv1
      libuv1-dev libxxhash0 linux-headers-5.0.0-13 linux-headers-5.0.0-13-generic
      linux-image-5.0.0-13-generic linux-modules-5.0.0-13-generic linux-modules-extra-5.0.0-13-generic
      mbox-importer nodejs-doc paperkey python-pkg-resources python3-evdev python3-xlib xxd
    In /var/log/apt/history.log, the most recent action of most of these packages were when I first installed Kubuntu.

The Nodejs packages are safe to remove but I'm not sure about the Python and libkf packages.

Please advise if it's safe to use autoremove.

Thanks
    Last edited by khanny; September 18th, 2019 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Fixed code tag

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Re: Autoremove wants to remove some KDE packages

Autoremove will only uninstall packages that are no longer depended upon by your system. So unless you have (1) accidentally uninstalled a needed program or (2) installed a program that you explicitly want but is not required by any other package, then the command will run as designed with the intended result. Which is to say --- don't assume or presume but instead be wise.

Read here for a great explanation: https://askubuntu.com/questions/3932...=votes#tab-top
    /path/to/Truth