Thread: how to add driver when installing canon imageRUNNER C1028iF on ubuntu 18.04

Beans

how to add driver when installing canon imageRUNNER C1028iF on ubuntu 18.04

Hello,

I'm trying to add a network printer to my laptop with ubuntu 18.04 on it.

The network printer is a canon imageRUNNER C1028iF.

This type of printer is not in the list with known printers.

So I guess I'll have to add a PPD file.

But I can't find this PPD file on the internet. On the website of canon I downloaded the URFII driver.

When installing the 64-bit deb package of the extracted URFII driver file, this only shows as an add on in my Ubuntu Software. The only option I have when clicking on the "add on" in my Ubuntu Software is "remove". I have no launch option.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Beans

Re: how to add driver when installing canon imageRUNNER C1028iF on ubuntu 18.04

Beans

Re: how to add driver when installing canon imageRUNNER C1028iF on ubuntu 18.04

I bought a Canon MF8050Cn color all-in-one laser scanner fax way back. It was a new model, and I literally waited over a year before I could use it. It had spotty support for a mac and none at all for Linux, although their website said it was pending before I bought the printer.

Over the years, this printer has had relapses of support for Windows, Mac and Linux. It's working pretty well lately though. Next printer will not be a canon.

I hope you have better luck than I did.

For some reason, the Canon Europe website usually has a Linux driver, but I've never seen it on the USA site.