Thread: Is Ubuntu compatible with the Lenovo L390 YOGA Model #20NT000GUS

Beans

Is Ubuntu compatible with the Lenovo L390 YOGA Model #20NT000GUS

Recently got a new laptop and I've been looking into the Linux lifestyle. I was wondering if my laptop would be a good fit and if it is what should my first steps be to getting on board the Linux train?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Is Ubuntu compatible with the Lenovo L390 YOGA Model #20NT000GUS

Hi, welcome to the fora.

Only you can answer this question. A live boot of 19.04 or 19.10 (development version) will give a good indication.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Is Ubuntu compatible with the Lenovo L390 YOGA Model #20NT000GUS

Boot from an installation medium and choose "Try Ubuntu". It will leave your computer untouched.

I recommend 18.04 LTS for a new user. There are multiple "flavors" of Ubuntu. You can try the standard Ubuntu, or something like Kubuntu (my choice) or Xubuntu. The basic operating system is the same. What differs is the desktop you see and some of the associated applications.

The "LTS" versions have "long-term support;" 18.04 LTS will be supported through April, 2023. Interim versions like 19.04 have only a nine-month support period.
    Last edited by SeijiSensei; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:11 PM.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users