Thread: Speaker Out , doesn't work

Beans

Speaker Out , doesn't work

Hi my speakers work on my laptop

but the speaker out doesnt, (the mic in does as Ive tested it in audacity)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Speaker Out , doesn't work

by default, pulseaudio only outputs to one output device at a time. i believe the reason for this is to keep the lag (time delay) of audio to a minimum for games. you should learn how to change settings on pulseaudio so you can always do it yourself. if you need help learning, come bask and ask.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans

yes thats right
    when i put the headphone jack in the line out the laptop speakers stop, but nothing comes out the line-out.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

You haven't told us what release (or possibly flavor) you are using of Ubuntu.

After loading `pavucontrol` (Pulse Audio Volume Control) which is listed in my menu under "Sound & Video" (Lubuntu 19.10), the "Output Devices" lets me control where sound goes out using the drop-down list. You haven't told us what release you are running, but have you looked in `pavucontrol` to see if you can control it there?

It could also be that that output has been muted, if so that's (`pavucontrol`) the best place in my opinion to unmute or fix sound issues (for me it's usually after I drop something on the keyboard, or accidently miss & hit a bunch of unknown keys that the system understood as shortcuts).

Beans

ubuntu`16.04LTS

I cant see pavucontrol

ouput device is onboard sound but still no sound on lineout

might be the cable - will buy a new cable today and check
    Last edited by flyinghigh2; September 17th, 2019 at 10:27 AM.