Thread: Monitoring Network Activity

Beans

Question Monitoring Network Activity

I've recenty installed UFW, however i'm after something that can analyse the logs it creates. I seem to be experiencing a spike in activity. I'm using wireshark to carry out some initial investigations.

However it would be useful to have some logging creeated from UFW.

As with other posts can someone direct me to a AV/Malware detection package. I use Norton on my windows instance, but they dont support ubuntu.

Beans

Re: Monitoring Network Activity

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdinyorks View Post
    I've recenty installed UFW, however i'm after something that can analyse the logs it creates. I seem to be experiencing a spike in activity. I'm using wireshark to carry out some initial investigations.

As with other posts can someone direct me to a AV/Malware detection package. I use Norton on my windows instance, but they dont support ubuntu.
    Hello and welcome to the forums,

ClamAV can be installed from the repos, but you don't need an AV for Linux. I haven't used any of the apps mentioned in this link, but I am sure someone else may reply who has. https://www.tecmint.com/linux-networ...itoring-tools/
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

the gui for the ufw has a section / tab called logs if that is what you are looking for. to install :

Code:
    sudo apt install gufw
    As with other posts can someone direct me to a AV/Malware detection package.
    as stated above, if you want you can get clamav & also clamtk which is the gui for clamav. to install :

Code:
    sudo apt install clamav
    Code:
    sudo apt install clamtk

Beans
    Hidden!

UFW does create logs (see below) or for more advanced firewall you can use Shorewall

sudo ufw logging on