Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Create RAID 1 for /VAR and /HOME with mdadm

Beans

Re: Create RAID 1 for /VAR and /HOME with mdadm

i know is /home and /Home.....and i have created the first partition(100 GB) then i have created a second partition spanned over the rest of the disk. i think that it does not boot because ubuntu desktop mdadm is not installed x default. We need to install after the first boot

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Yes, mdadm is not part of the distribution for desktop machines. You need to install it after the initial installation. The code to manage md devices is in the kernel, though, so it's there by default.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

hello guys

at the end i used the old way installing ubuntu-server and the installing over the ubuntu-desktop. i also tried to use the new ubuntu-live-server iso that is really much simple to use then older server installer but there's was everytime a different error.

Every time it was always failing creating the raid partition. Basically what i did is the md0 paritition about 100 GB for /var and md1(/home) for the rest of the disk, but nothing everytime it failed . The only way to make it work was making the partition manually.

Basically i after i did the first partition(md0) instead of saying take the rest of the disk for the md1 i have create manually a partition of 1.7 TB instead of the 1.814 TB available.....

Some other issue using the ubuntu-live-sever it was impossible to get an ip address via DHCP and in some workstation i had this error:

Probing for devices to install to failed-------------------------------------------------
    Unfortunately probing for devices to install to failed. Please report a bug on Launchpadm and if possible include the contents of the /var/log/installer directory.....
    Last edited by giobaxx; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:23 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12