Thread: Konsole command to new terminal window

Beans

Konsole command to new terminal window

I am attempting a small script to open a terminal window which in turn opens a second window but I cannot seem to enter any further data or commands into the second window from the script even though the second window has focus, that is if I press the enter key, or any other key, that input appears in the second window. During my tests I have attempted to use the echo command to see what happens and what happens is that, the second window spawns and has focus and is awaiting input. Upon closing the second window the echo command output appears in the first window. The top screenshot is the first window and the bottom one is the second?

screenshot.png

Using this code:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    echo "TEST"
    konsole --hold --workdir ~/.wine/drive_c/"Program Files"/DTS/MAS-SAS -e bash -c  "WINEPREFIX=~/.wine wine cmd"; echo dtshd.exe
    So my question is, how do I get the script to input data into the second (bottom) window.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Konsole command to new terminal window

does it need to be done in a window? if not, there are many ways to input to a shell session in the background. i use screen to do that in my scripts.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

is that wine or are you VMing Windows?
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans

Unfortunately it needs to be done in that window, starting the program from any other location causes it to run improperly. Yes, it is wine.