Thread: Never seen this before. Highlight not working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Never seen this before. Highlight not working.

Hello, I have new install. It is Ubuntu Mate 19.04 with the Unity7 desktop environment. So of course I have had a few strange issues so far, but I have never seen this issue in all of my days of computing. I am so used to clicking 2 times to highlight a word, or clicking 3 times to highlight a sentence. Neither of which are working right now. I first noticed it in FireFox trying to highlight a URL. When that didn't work I tried it to highlight text on the page. When that didn't work I opened a text editor and it did not work there either. I can select text with a mouse and highlight it by right clicking and dragging the mouse over what I want highlighted, it is just the quick clicks are not working. Any ideas? Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    - Open or Free for me. - OpenSage -

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Never seen this before. Highlight not working.

can you do quick clicks in xev?
    What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Beans
    Distro

I tired it in xev, but I have never used it before and I don't really know what I am looking for. It is giving the time and position of the mouse button press and then the position of the mouse as I move the mouse and the time and position of the release of the mouse button. If I do rapid clicking it does register all of them.

Beans
    Distro

Solved. It was a double click speed setting. It had been changed from in the middle of a sliding scale of slow to fast, to all the way on the fast side of the slider.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

xev would have shown if any clicks were lagged or missing. gotta subtract the timing or just watch it. it's a useful tool if you develop interactive GUI apps.
    What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.