Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many friends do you have ?

Beans

Re: How many friends do you have ?

A handful that I'm quite close to, at least as close as I can. I have difficulty dealing with people in general so I know that the people that call themselves my friend really are. They put up with my oddities quite well. When I was out of town for a week a month ago, one of my friends really saved me when I started freaking out and having panic attacks.

My wife is my best friend though, followed closely by my parents. Can't forget the dog as well, he looks after me very well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I have one good friend for over 50 years and the rest give or take them,

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by overdrank View Post
    I have one good friend for over 50 years and the rest give or take them,
    Wasn't going to respond until this post. Same here. I have one friend from high school who is really a brother from another mother. We now live thousands of miles away and still call once or twice a week, almost 55 years now.

Everyone else? They never were really my "friends." Everyone I've ever met wants something, whether it's real tangible things or for you to just agree with whatever reasons they hang onto why the world is out to get them, to provide co-dependent support for their demons. Others are just too self absorbed to care about anyone but themselves, friendships are shallow and meaningless. Even when they care about someone like a wife, husband, or child it's really just a pawn in their lives to show everyone how awesome they are, to post a pic on Facebook lol . . .

May sound depressing but it's not, really. I don't hold it against any of them, nor is it worth my time to worry about it. Some people just don't deserve to be in our lives.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I moved to another state 6 months ago. The only friends I have now are the wife, the kid, the dog, two cats, and the hobo spider living in my garage.

I do have people who were close friends over the years, but they're just "Facebook friends" nowadays.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaen_Sylvermane View Post
    My wife is my best friend though
    That's just awesome. Wish you a happy married life.

I am at the moment living in a rented house. We will be moving to our own house within a year.
    Then I will get married.
    MANJARO KDE
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU
    Ram 4GB
    Intel HD Graphics 530 (Skylake GT2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12