Thread: Ubuntu 18.04 on Asus T100HAN screen rotate not working

Beans

Ubuntu 18.04 on Asus T100HAN screen rotate not working

Hi everyone,

In the past I have had a couple of laptops and desktops running smoothly on Ubuntu.

My latest laptop hybrid is an Asus T100HAN. I have it for a while now and finally had the courage to install Ubuntu next to Windows as multiboot.

A lot of issues with this laptop have been solved in the last couple of years. So "out of the box" Ubuntu 18.04 runs very well.

There is 1 issue which is still not working on my system, which is the automatic rotation of the screen. I have found a lot of information about possible solutions. The latest I have found has to do with powering on the accellerometer sensors during boot up. Apparently they are not given enough time to initiate and apparently something could be added in the kernel to give them more time to initiate:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...40ce479e251376
    https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...d2915fd2b2049a

Weird thing is, this issue should have been solved after Kernel version 4.13 or something. But still the sensors are undefined after startup.

I am not at all experienced with Kernels and changing stuff in them, like described on git.kernel.org etc.

Can anyone give me a hint how to proceed?

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 on Asus T100HAN screen rotate not working

Hi, welcome to the fora.
    Does it work better in a live boot of 19.04?
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Thanks Mörgæs,

Great idea! After succesfully tried a live boot, I installed 19.04 instead of 18.04LTS. Screen rotating is working well in this version.
    Last edited by skippy1981; September 8th, 2019 at 09:53 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Congratulations.

Many of the problems posted in Ubuntuforum are from people trying to run old software on new hardware. From 20.04 onwards you can probably follow the LTS track if you prefer.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.