Thread: is there a way to set a theme here?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

is there a way to set a theme here?

is there a way to set a theme here on ubuntuforums? i'm getting tired of orange on yellow. a dark/night theme would be nice.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: is there a way to set a theme here?

On the forum itself there are only 2 themes available "Ubuntu vB4.x" and "Ubuntu mobile style". They are available from the bottom of your browser window; no dark themes are provided unfortunately. Assuming those two don't suit you then the other option would be with a browser add on.

If you use chrome/chromium you may be able to change the theme here with the add on "stylus".
    I'm not sure about Firefox anymore, I used to use the stylish add-on with it, but apparently it was removed by both Google and Mozilla for collecting user data in a way that could be identifying. --Here-- is a discussion from this forum from about a year ago that may give you some further ideas.

I doubt it will happen, but it sure would be nice to have more options added to the bottom of the forum window's drop down menu for themes; even only 1 more "dark" theme would make the site much easier on the eyes.

Regards, yeti.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

i'm running Firefox 69. i guess i need to find a way to load my own CSS.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Skaperen View Post
    i'm running Firefox 69. i guess i need to find a way to load my own CSS.
    I just did a bit of checking on the Mozilla addon site and stylus is available for firefox as well, it may be worth checking out ... --link--.

Stylus worked well when I tested it out about a year ago as mentioned in the thread I linked to in post 2. I have read somewhere it is a fork of stylish, without any tracking (though I haven't checked into that in any detail, just noted it in passing).

If you can do your own CSS coding, then from what I've read, you can also use stylus to manage your own CSS stylesheets for sites. I don't do any theming for my browsers currently so not sure if it works with Firefox v.69 (I heard this release of firefox breaks some addons), would be worth a tryout IF it does i.m.o.. Cheers, yeti.