Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do you ask the first aliens?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

what do you ask the first aliens?

a small craft you do not recognize lands and soon a couple aliens in unfamiliar spacesuits waddle out. they begin speaking in your native tongue and first say "we have studied your planet and figured out your way of speaking." then they say "would you like to ask us any questions?" what would you ask?
    What do you call someone who speaks 3 languages? Trilingual.
    What do you call someone who speaks 2 languages? Bilingual.
    What do you call someone who speaks 1 language? American.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: what do you ask the first aliens?

How do you get sticky labels cleanly off of the electronic device you just bought?
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines
    My Blog
    A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Why is it that you can take all the care in the world rolling up an extension cord properly, but the next time you want to use it you find that it is hopelessly tied in knots?
    My Blog
    A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    How do you get sticky labels cleanly off of the electronic device you just bought?
    No, how do you get into the packaging (tidily) to get to the sticky label in the first place.
    Ubuntu membership via Forums contributions
    BACKUP before installing or upgrading.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Speaking of packaging, why does a small item like a thumb drive get delivered to your door in layers of impenetrable plastic, packed in three progressively larger cardboard boxes full of packing peanuts and bubble wrap?
    My Blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

You chose Earth?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by PJs Ronin View Post
    You chose Earth?
    Bogle's the Mind don't it
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

"Have you collected all of the Infinity Stones?"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by 1fallen View Post
    Bogle's the Mind don't it
    It really does.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by Skaperen View Post
    a small craft you do not recognize lands and soon a couple aliens in unfamiliar spacesuits waddle out. they begin speaking in your native tongue and first say "we have studied your planet and figured out your way of speaking." then they say "would you like to ask us any questions?" what would you ask?
    do you drink coffee with or without sugar?

Speaking of packaging, why does a small item like a thumb drive get delivered to your door in layers of impenetrable plastic, packed in three progressively larger cardboard boxes full of packing peanuts and bubble wrap?
    this one is easy. it's the smallest box they had in storage. we have the same problem. the smallest box is about 15x15x15 cm (15cm is about 6 in). customers can order single part. mostly for parts we sell these are suitable boxes. but then you have a customer ordering 5 screws or a screwdriver. so they get this big box with a lot of bubble wrap or paper added to it. well actually for screws we use reinforced envelopes if they are small enough. even reinforced envelopes are sometimes large compared to the part.

add steam.

Why is it that you can take all the care in the world rolling up an extension cord properly, but the next time you want to use it you find that it is hopelessly tied in knots?
    this one is puzzling to me as well. you know those cable behind the desktop PC. they are always on the same place. no one moves them around. no one touches them. how do they get entangled? then i am cleaning, i sort them out and again, few months later there is a mess back there. i think some of these aliens must be doing it during their night studies of humanity. kind of as a test of our patience and sanity. or how long will it take to make us go insane.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Disk backup (works on newer PC): Clonezilla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast