Thread: how to filter out tug-of-war from Activity Page?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

how to filter out tug-of-war from Activity Page?

how to filter out Tug of war from Activity Page (Activity Stream)?
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: how to filter out tug-of-war from Activity Page?

"Ignoring" participating users seems to work although any of their posts in other threads viewed by visiting those threads are marked as ignored so not an ideal solution.

I don't think that the forum software has the functionality that you (and I at times) would like.

Beans

I would say that you could search on everything in the last month whose title does not contain "tug of war", ordered by date descending, but that functionality seems to be missing from this forum. I wonder why?

According to the vbulletin manual here https://www.vbulletin.com/en/manual/ you can search their docs about "searching" and get down to where it says, "message searching options" it says you should be able to exclude words from the search. It's not there.

It's hard to find out what version of vbulletin that this site uses, but presumably it wouldn't be really old.

Did the site change forum software? It seems to me some time back that it was using phpbbs?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

The site uses vbulletin 4 and it has used vbulletin as far back as 2008 I believe when I joined the forum.
    Last edited by wildmanne39; September 4th, 2019 at 10:36 PM.

Beans

Has the forum been reconfigured to not offer a word exclusion list on advanced search, or did I imagine it being there from the beginning? I know it has been there in every forum I can recall having wanted the feature on, and I know that the current vbulletin forum software has the feature.