Thread: Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

i had a page showing thread siting there for a few hours a typed in a post and submitted it, not remembering there are token timeouts here. it gave me the message "Errors ...The following errors occurred with your submission ... Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired. ... Please reload the window."

there was an "Okay" button after that to the right. i thought it might reload the window for me, but all it did was delete the message.

so i clicked on the Firefox icon to reload the page. it did and my post was still in the edit window so i submitted it and got the same error message, again. i opened a new tab to the same URL and got the expected empty edit window at the bottom. i copied and pasted my post to the new one and posted it there. that worked.

reloading the page does not work! so that part of the error message is bad. a better message would output a hyperlink with a URL to the same page and with a target to start a new tab and suggest copying the message to there to post again. that, or make the timeout longer, like 25 hours.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Not really a solution for your problem but if I'm creating a reply of more than a couple lines, I create the message in Libre Office where I have full editing and save capabilities then copy/paste into the forum page and add any editing or attachments. This is for all web replies, not just Ubuntu Forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

i've started backing up big posts (not such as this one) before i try to submit.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer