Thread: "Useful Links" in page title is not an active hyperlink

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

"Useful Links" in page title is not an active hyperlink

i got bored for a moment and was sweeping my pointer around at various links and found that "Useful Links" in the last row of the big orange title bar, which even has a down-arrow icon on its right, is not an active hyperlink. others in the same row are? seem rather useless this way.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: "Useful Links" in page title is not an active hyperlink

I tested each link under useful links and they all work for me, can you post a screenshot of what you are talking about so we know for sure we are talking about the same thing? are you sure add blocker or ghostery or something like that is not preventing you from opening the links?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I see the listing of Private Messages as the only hyperlink there.
    The rest are all dropdown menus which contain various functional links.

Do any of the dropdown links not work?
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Distro

unfortunately, the pointer is not captured by the screenshot software. it should be showing up hovering over "Useful Links". it does not morph into a hand+finger as it does on other titles in that row. clicking there, or on the down arrow next to it, results in nothing happening. i am running Firefox 68.0.2 under Xubuntu 18.04 LTS Bionic.

spaint.jpg
    Last edited by slickymaster; September 2nd, 2019 at 09:19 AM. Reason: removed large image
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Distro

to the left is "Social Media". clicking there does get a drop-down with links titled "Facebook" and "Twitter". each looks active when hovering over them but i did not click on them to test them. i believe they will work. i looked at the page source and found "Useful Links" on line 278. it looks consistent with "Social Media" like it should work. but i don't know if the Javascript code is messing with it or not.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Useful links is working just fine, together with a fully functional hand-finger pointer. You have the Firefox window too narrow with the Advanced Search link too near the Useful Links drop-down. Widen your Firefox window so that Useful Links and Advanced Search are more separated and it will all work as it should.

But if your screen is so small that you cannot widen the window, I don't know what to suggest. The vBulletin software has its limitations and you may have hit on one that only affects small screens.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro

it is already as wide as it can be on my 1920x1080 screen. full-screen mode is no wider. see my posted screenshot.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Skaperen View Post
    it is already as wide as it can be on my 1920x1080 screen. full-screen mode is no wider. see my posted screenshot.
    Look at my screenshot, please.

Screenshot from 2019-08-31 21-41-02.jpg

That's also a 1920x1080 screen, and the Firefox window is only taking about 2/3 the width of the screen. Observe the distance between Advanced Search and Useful Links. Are you magnifying the text in the Firefox window?
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Skaperen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    …Are you magnifying the text in the Firefox window?
    FWIW, Skaperen's screenshot shows that he has set FF browser window magnification to 210%. Reducing this should make things a lot better.

Beans
    Distro

yes, i have magnified the text to make it readable. a slightly lesser amount fixes it. i hope i can continue to read everything.