Thread: POP OS has destroyed my PC, help me get it back

Beans

POP OS has destroyed my PC, help me get it back

Don't really know where else to put this, the POP OS reddit is small.

So, I thought I'd give this supposedly hassle free and really good gaming OS a try, and it looked good to.
    Only it wasn't hassle free, it's messed my PC. I've tried a bunch of different distros, all of which have been remarkably more hassle free in their set up.
    The fact you need to create a swap partition and if you want to dual boot you have to increase the size of your efi partition.

This is where the problem has occured, I read some guides, I watched some vids, I got advise from the POP OS reddit, saying this is safe, it worked use minitool to increase the partition size and then you'll be able to dual boot.

So I did this, not only can I not dual boot, but I've lost the ability to boot into windows via the Windows Boot Manager.
    I can't even create a successful windows boot drive to recover it. The built in app, I think it's Popsicle, I don't know what it's doing.
    But when I flash the Windows 10 ISO onto it, I try to boot from it, the screen flickers and goes back to the Bios settings.

Everything about POP has been a nightmare, and it's messed my system up.
    I'd be grateful if anyone had any advice on what I can do to salvage my PC and my windows boot.
    Just wanna go back to Linux OS that doesn't mess up my PC

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: POP OS has destroyed my PC, help me get it back

Thread moved to Ubuntu/Debian BASED for a better fit

Beans
    Hidden!

It is impossible to help you much at present as you have not given us any helpful information about exactly what you did.

So that we can see where you are at present, see Boot-Repair in my signature below and follow the instructions there to run the Boot-Info-Script.

Do not run the default repair just yet but simply copy back here the pastebin link you get which will show us a lot more about your system and give us a lot more information that may help us help you.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 18.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads

Beans

This is a long shot, but it's worth a try. PopOS was developed by System76, you might give them a call, they are usually very responsive but support may only be for their hardware.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Possible support here.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors