Thread: courtesy message about my post

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

courtesy message about my post

i got a courtesy message from coffeecat but do not understand what originated the problem that resulted in one or more of my posts being moved to "spamalot". was it the case that i ended up replying to one of these old duplicate posts made by some spammer and that post got pulled along in the thread. damn spammer wasting my time.
    What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: courtesy message about my post

I am not speaking for coffeecat but you did have four replies three days ago to this spammer tanquy1231 and those replies are in spamalot, so I am almost positive that is why you received the courtesy private message and you can rest assured that you did nothing wrong, if there is another reason I am sure an admin will respond.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

This was the text of my message:

Just a quick courtesy message to explain why one or more posts of yours are now in spamalot. There were two threads, now merged into one in Spamalot, started by what we refer to as a copy-paste spammer, someone who posts a copy of an older post in order to appear genuine, and who then returns later to add their spam links. Viewing permissions in spamalot mean that you will only be able to see your own posts, not the spammer's nor the others who replied. It was not possible to remove the spammer's posts without leaving yours as orphan posts in the publicly-viewable part of the forum.

Thanks for your interest and sorry that you were inconvenienced.
    So, yes, you replied to both the threads that the spammer started, 3 replies to one thread and one to the other - four posts in total.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

so that's the copy spammer that wasted my efforts to help people. thanks for replying.
    What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.