Thread: Audacity - does anyone here use it?

Beans

Audacity - does anyone here use it?

Does anyone here use audacity by any chance? I imported the sound of a video by simply opening it as a mp4, however, it only wants to export the sound, can i not export the video with the new sound applied to the old video?

I was able to reduce background noise however I wanted to make my voice sound a bit more bass like and remove a nasal tone. I don't think the mic was great either so will look for another.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Audacity - does anyone here use it?

Audacity is a sound editor. It doesn't know anything at all about videos. You could use a video editor - or a command-line tool like ffmpeg - to combine your video with your new audio.

Beans

[I]t only wants to export the sound, can i not export the video with the new sound applied to the old video?
    Audacity is only an audio editor. Audacity doesn't import any video content with the audio, so can't export video.
    You need a video editor to edit the audio in a video.
    https://www.tecmint.com/best-free-vi...res-for-linux/

Beans

Re: Audacity - does anyone here use it? Merge Posts

Thank you both, especially for the video editing software suggestions one.

Does anyone here edit stuff on YouTube? I am yet to see what YouTube can do, if anything, however I would in the making of videos designed to go onto YouTube want to put things like notations int he video or possibly special effects.

Hi,

I am curious then, on this list provided, can anyone recommend one that lets you change the equalizer settings, and remove backgound noise? Trying not to install the lot lol.

https://www.tecmint.com/best-free-vi...res-for-linux/
    Last edited by howefield; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:47 PM. Reason: posts merged.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

iamtheeggman2: You are welcome to ask about suggestions for editing software, but downloading and editing protected content discussions are off limits here. See the forum policy

9.1 With the exception of Content submitted to the Service by you, all other Content on the Service is either owned by or licensed to YouTube, and is subject to copyright, trade mark rights, and other intellectual property rights of YouTube or YouTube's licensors. Any third party trade or service marks present on Content not uploaded or posted by you are trade or service marks of their respective owners. Such Content may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of YouTube or, where applicable, YouTube's licensors. YouTube and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to their Content.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Hi,

I am not looking to download anything, I want to publish my own home made videos and upload to YouTube.

This one called Kdenlive seems easy to use,

I found a intro on YouTube though don't know if i can post here. lol.
    Last edited by howefield; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:48 PM. Reason: posts merged.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheeggman2 View Post
    Hi,

I am not looking to download anything, I want to publish my own home made videos and upload to YouTube.
    Discussions about creating content are acceptable and if you wish to add to your posts you can use the edit button rather than creating new posts for each new thought. If you are seeking help please stick to specific questions within context of your first post.
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:32 PM.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Hi,

I have just encountered a strange issue, I was able to record audio on audacity however having now installed the kdenlive program, I am now unable to get it to recognise sound from my microphone. The sound meter you see in the audio settings where you go to the sounds settings software app in the taskbar shows me using the mic because it has a little bar that travels to the right the louder the sound you hear, however, even though i selected the rear mic setting in audacity as the sound source, it just doesn't pic up anything, this was not an issue before I installed kdenlive, what do you propose has happened?

edited this post so as to avoid offending others who don't want to see a new post..

ok i have just observed something strange, when i see the bar move to show audio input, the audio settings program from the sound app in the task bar will mute once i open up audacity, and when i close audacity, i have to get it to unmute before it will show the audio bar moving again, why does opening audacity mute the mic input? audacity is set to preference the audio mic for the input?

another edit, the kdenlive and audacity programs were uninstalled, tried recording a video using cheese, still no record of sound and yet the volume control panel still shows mic is in use, the mic is listed as "Rear microphone plugged in" as opposed to using the "line in" port,
    I then had audacity reinstalled no different. However in audacity there are several to choose from, there is a list but they all have "0" next to them. The list goes:

Pulse front
    Pulse line
    Pulse rear
    Pulse stereo mix
    Default front
    Default line
    Default rear
    Default stereo.

Even though I choose pulse rear or default rear neither record sound.

Edit, If I reinstalled any other software would this give me back the defaults that were working prior to kdenlive installing? Is anyone reading this if its not a new post?
    Last edited by iamtheeggman2; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:24 PM.