Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who else is eagerly waiting for 20.04 ?

Beans

Re: Who else is eagerly waiting for 20.04 ?

I'm satisfied with 18.04 ATM. Hopefully 20.04 will be great, but I like to wait until at least the first point release anyway, so no hurry here.

Beans

I hadn't been, well not that much, until testing the 19.10 Beta and I like it so well I may stick with Ubuntu instead of going to Kubuntu. If 20.04 looks and performs as well as 19.10 I may stick with Ubuntu and GNOME.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Ouch my ears, did I hear right? kansasnoob a Gnome user, rubbish I tell you..
    Good to see the kansasnoob post from time to time.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags

Beans
    Hidden!

Me(n) too

I usually do fresh installs of the next LTS release with the first point release keeping the home directory for my main computer but I test all releases (persistent) live and installed.
    Last edited by sudodus; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:36 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 1fallen View Post
    Ouch my ears, did I hear right? kansasnoob a Gnome user, rubbish I tell you..
    Good to see the kansasnoob post from time to time.
    There are some seldom used things like GNOME Settings that actually disgust me, but when it comes to common day in, day out usage I find it pleasant to use.

But I was also quite impressed with Lubuntu recently. There are some underlying issues with gvfs that have pushed me hard in considering something qt based and I was leaning towards Kubuntu the past couple of dev cycles.

In many ways it's like a smorgasbord - so many choices it's hard to decide. But the familiarity of fried chicken (or in this case GNOME Flashback) is always a draw.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    Me(n) too

I usually do fresh installs of the next LTS release with the first point release keeping the home directory for my main computer but I test all releases (persistent) live and installed.
    I haven't had nearly as much time as I'd like to test during dev cycles lately. I find myself constantly getting pulled into one great scheme after another.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    There are some seldom used things like GNOME Settings that actually disgust me, but when it comes to common day in, day out usage I find it pleasant to use.

But I was also quite impressed with Lubuntu recently. There are some underlying issues with gvfs that have pushed me hard in considering something qt based and I was leaning towards Kubuntu the past couple of dev cycles.

In many ways it's like a smorgasbord - so many choices it's hard to decide. But the familiarity of fried chicken (or in this case GNOME Flashback) is always a draw.
    I recently switched to Debian 10 for a while then switched back. When I was in the process of coming back, I gave the Xubuntu live image a try and immediately found it to do everything I wanted. Things like setting one monitor's background then dragging to the other monitor and being able to change that one was a win when compared to getting it done in gnome. I had used Kubuntu for about a year and it was good to me for the most part. I like Debian's default LXDE desktop, but found lubuntu's to be repulsive, though I know it was just the theming and could be changed if I were willing to spend a few minutes on it. I'm still running the Denian with LXDE on my 32bit Netbook being used as a Motion server.

Beans

I haven't used UBUNTU for years, ever since that Unity desktop thing. I started using KUBUNTU... Am I understanding this correctly? UBUNTU will be going back to using the GNOME desktop?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyOats View Post
    Am I understanding this correctly? UBUNTU will be going back to using the GNOME desktop?
    They did, like, 2 years ago.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

That's how bad I didn't like the Unity desktop. I didn't even know that UBUNTU went back to using GNOME.... So, then what's special about 20.04 that everyone is so giddy for it? Is it just because we'll be going from 16.04 to 20.04? Or is there gonna be something really supper special about it? Like maybe it won't be such a pain in the ass to install on a UEFI system? (UEFI still kicks my butt).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast