Thread: Screen Keyboard in GNOME 3.28

Beans

Screen Keyboard in GNOME 3.28

I want screen keyboard to appear every time with input focused. How to achieve that?

Beans

Re: Screen Keyboard in GNOME 3.28

The keyboard appears with input focused only with Linux OS (Debian) windows, but when I set focus in Firefox (for example) input keyboard does not appear. I run Debian 10 with GNOME 3.28 on Microsoft Surface Go and I need screen keyboard to appear every time when any input set focus.

Beans

What about just using a FF plugin for a on-screen keyboard?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer001 View Post
    What about just using a FF plugin for a on-screen keyboard?
    1. What exact plugin? I did not find any workable.
    2. This is not a solution - the screen keyboard has to appear every time input focused with any application not only Firefox Browser. But now it appears only with GNOME built-in applications.

Can any body advise me how to make it work proparly?

Beans

Screen Keyboard does not appear

I run GNOME 3.30.2 on my Microsoft Surface Go and screen keyboard appears every time when input is focused (as should) with GNOME Applications but not with installed non-GNOME applications - for example Firefox or Thunderbird? How to make screen keyboard appear with any application each time input is focused.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Threads merged and merged thread moved to the Debian sub-forum

• Please do not post duplicates about the same problem. This dilutes community effort.
    • The Ubuntu Official Flavours Support section of the forum is for support of the official Ubuntu flavours. You are welcome to ask about operating systems, but if not Ubuntu or an official flavour of Ubuntu, please use an appropriate sub-forum here in the Other OS Support and Projects section.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.