Thread: Low lock screen resolution after locking screen, black screen until button pressed

Beans

Question Low lock screen resolution after locking screen, black screen until button pressed

Just wanted to say that I'm new to Linux, very inexperienced with things. I'm on XFCE, Xubuntu 18.04, with an i5-6400 and a GTX 960. I installed the graphics drivers through the terminal using graphics-drivers PPA, using nvidia-driver-430. It should be noted that in the past I played around with grub as I was trying to fix issues with the splash screen. When I boot my computer, the lock screen is at the regular resolution, but when I suspend or lock the screen, the resolution of the screen when logging back in is much lower and stretched. In addition, when pressing "lock screen" it brings the message "Enter password to unlock your login key ring" even though I don't have auto login on, which seems to be the main issue. Also after locking, the screen remains black until a button is pressed, where the messed up resolution can be seen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, feeling a bit frustrated, I guess it could be helpful for my general computer skills though

Thanks!
    Last edited by skeezyleff; August 23rd, 2019 at 04:36 AM.

Beans

Fixing low login screen resolution after a suspend?

The resolution is fine when I reboot or turn on my PC, which has an i5-6400 and an Nvidia GTX 960. Whenever I suspend my computer or lock the screen, and then come back to it, the log in screen is very blurry and low quality and resolution, and elongated. This all happened after installing nvidia-driver-430. The only thing that I could find was this thread: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...0/+bug/1757202

It doesn't help me at all, as I installed xorg in order to create the file, and the screen still persists. It is possible that I did this procedure incorrectly though, since I'm unfamiliar with xorg.

Any ways that I can fix this?

Thanks!
    Last edited by skeezyleff; August 23rd, 2019 at 08:41 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Low lock screen resolution after locking screen, black screen until button presse

Threads merged.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

Re: Low lock screen resolution after locking screen, black screen until button presse

Apologies, completely forgot I made that post, albeit hard to believe online. It should be noted that I fixed the issue of the unresponsive screen until a button is pressed.